Monday, May 30, 2016

Records In My Life: Big Black Delta

I will confess that I am a Big Black Delta fan, so when the opportunity came to interview him for an episode of RIML I insisted we take it! The first Big Black Delta album from 2013 was on heavy rotation on my phone for months, and I still find it entertaining three years later.  BBD recently released a follow up album, Trágame Tierra and we caught up with Jonathan Bates before his appearance at the Biltmore Cabaret here in Vancouver last week.  A very affable man, with an obvious love of all kinds of music, our conversation lasted over two hours and ended with producer Charles Brownstein and I sharing a glass of whiskey backstage while Jonathan related tales of touring and the odd concerned word about the state of the USA.  A very fun interview that could have lasted hours if we'd had even more battery life in the recorders.   Please have a look, and check out the new album, it's a solid and creative follow up to the debut full length.



This Big Black Delta episode of Records In My Life references the following albums:
1. Van Halen - 5150
2. Radiohead - OK Computer
3. Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson
4. Father John Misty - I Love You Honeybear
5. Kimbra - The Golden Echo
6. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly

Records In My Life is hosted and produced by Charles Brownstein
videography, direction, editing by Mark Henning
Animations and logo by Susana Ramirez

Music Credits: This Big Black Delta episode of RIML features the song "Steer the Canyon" off the "Trágame Tierra" album

Theme music is "Best Tonight" by Combine the Victorious

No comments:

Post a Comment